- Ensure right person in right position on right time
- Ensure fair judgment throughout the recruitment processes
- Ensure recruitment done systematically and smoothly
- Ensure a physically and mentally fit workforce.
- CIPL employs the best person for every position amongst those made available for selection, according to the company’s authorized employment procedure.
- No employment in any category can be made unless the position has been approved in writing by competent authorities.
- SDFL mustn’t recruit any person less than 18 years of age.
- SDFL do not believe in any Forced Labour.
- All employment should be based on fulfilment of respective minimum qualification and requirements for respective position.
- SDFL must ensure Equal Opportunity and no discrimination. No discrimination is made in selection due to religion, cast, creed, gender or regional consideration.
- SDFL ensures fair judgment in recruitment processes.
- Increments & promotions are given based on the individual skill & efficiency without any discrimination.
- Maternity benefits to the female workers are given as indicated by the law of the land.
- No discharged or dismissed worker of the company shall be re-employed except under the requirements of law.
- Those who have been convicted by any court of law for criminal offences like theft, assault, forgery, murder shall not be considered for employment if it has been declared to the management. In the case of verification if the management found any false declaration from any applicants should consider as rejection.
- Employment agreement will be effected from the very date of issuing ID card and appointment letter in the company. The probationary period of workers shall begin thereafter as usual.
EXTENT OF APPLICATION:
This policy shall equally apply to all full-time permanent Workers working in SDFL project.
- Ensure recruitment and selection done in an organized & systematic manner.
- Ensure every candidate gets equal opportunity to compete.
- Ensure manpower plan and recruitment plan followed properly.
- TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
- Increase in the sanctioned staff manpower strength for the Plant.
- Separation of staff due to resignation, termination/discharge, death, superannuating and retirement.
- PRE RECRUITMENT ACTIVITIES
Recruitment shall be conducted in the following manner:
- Concerned HOD shall submit Manpower Requisition/ Budget on Company’s to the HR (Recruitment) Section at least 07 days before of selection and placement. The following documents shall be submitted by the Divisional Head with Manpower Requisition:
- Approved Manpower Plan/Standard Manpower Set up
- Job Evaluation for required position
- Recruitment team of HR shall review the Manpower requisition and take necessary steps to approve it.
- Recruitment team of HR formally starts sourcing the applications by following methods:
a. Hang Banner,
Posters, distribute lift lets to every workforce locality/labour pocket
- News Paper / Online Advertisement
- Internal Announcement
- Vacancy Notice at Main Gate
- Direct Head Hunting
4. DAY OF RECRUITMENT
1) PRELIMINARY INTERVIEW:
Recruitment team shall arrange Preliminary Interview at Main Gate and prepare candidates summery and shortlist immediately. After short listing, selected candidates will go for 2nd Interview.
Purpose of Preliminary Interview is as follows:
- To check First Appearance of candidates
- Checking documents.
Only Recruitment Manager and his team shall conduct this preliminary interview
2) 2nd interview
- WRITTEN TESTS FOR NON-TECHNICAL POSITIONS:
Candidates successfully overcome the preliminary interview, shall appear for written examination & Personal Interview. Written test shall be arranged for Non-technical positions. Purpose of the written examination is:
- Writing capability
- Reading capability
SUBJECT OF WRITTEN TEST
Tests to be administered
Written test committee members
|For Helpers||W–2 and
|General written Capacity, Reading Capacity and Primary level Math/ Garments Moving, others.||Recruitment Executive/Officer, Training In-Charge/IE Executive|
- TECHNICAL/SKILLED TEST FOR TECHNICAL POSITIONS:
Candidates successfully overcome the preliminary interview, shall appear for technical test/practical test. Technical/Practical test is for the Technical positions. Purpose of the Technical Test is:
- Machine efficiency test
- Machine Operation
- Process knowledge and efficiency
SUBJECT OF TECHNICAL TEST
TECHNICAL TEST PROGRAM
Test program prepared by
|Check Machine Handling, Machine efficiency, Process knowledge, Lay out, Sample and efficiency, quality of work,||IE Manager/ In-charge, Concern Section / Departmental Head|
4 / 5
|Machine Test, Efficiency Test, Process Test, ,Moving Skilled||IE Manager/Executive, Concern Section/ Departmental Head|
3) FINAL INTERVIEW
Successful candidates of preliminary interview and 2nd Interview shall appear for Final Interview:
|Grade||Member of Interview Board|
|S – 2, S – 1, O-o, O-1||Concerned Head of the Dept. and Recruitment Manager|
|W – 3, W – 2, W – O||Concerned Head of the Dept. and Recruitment Manager|
The purpose of final interview is as follows:
- The panel should cross check the evaluation done by the preliminary panel and then come to an independent decision.
- Scrutinize the original certificates of the candidates.
- Detailed comments of the interview panel are to be recorded in the company application form. The panel may select waiting list or reject the candidate.
- Give final approval for selection and issue appointment letter & ID Card.
4) FITNESS TEST/MEDICAL CHECKUP:
Medical examination for the selected candidates shall be done as per the medical tests specified. Candidates declared medically fit for duty by the Company’s Medical Adviser (Doctor) should be made an offer of appointment and joining instructions specifying the procedure for completion of joining formalities.
All through recruitment procedure, both candidates and interviewers will fill up the following documents:
- Interview evaluation form for worker by the interviewer
- Skill test evaluation form
- Fitness certificate by Medical Officer
- Salary fixation form
5) POST EMPLOYMENT FORMALITIES
- VERIFICATION OF REFERENCES:
The Personnel Manager shall do verification of References given by the candidate during the interview. Personnel Manager shall intimate the references and obtain their report on the Reference Reporting Formats. The candidate shall be sent for medical examination based on a favourable report from the references.
- ISSUE of Appointment LETTER & ID Card:
Personnel Manager Shall issues the appointment letter to the candidate only after verification of all certificates. On issue of the appointment letter & ID Card the candidate must sign the acceptance of the terms and conditions as specified in the appointment letter.
1 Short briefing of Recruitment Policy:
- Preliminary Interview : a) To check First Appearance of candidates
- b) Checking background/documents.
- 2nd Interview : a) Written Test / Skilled Test/Others (If any)
- b) Medical Test (Age Certificates & Fitness).
- Final Interview : a) Salary Fixation, documentation (Educational/Experience/
Nationality Certificates), Photographs (02 PP & 01 Stamp) and
- Issue Appointment Letter, ID Card & Uniform (Shirts, Cap & Mask) and information update in System (KORMEE)